- active participation in consultations of legislative regulations (acts, regulations), strategies, policies and sectoral programmes and taking action to implement new legal regulations fostering wind energy development in Poland.
- strict cooperation with the ministry in charge of economy and the ministry in charge of the environment as well as other ministries directly or indirectly related to energy and renewable energy sources;
- cooperation with the European Commission’s Directorate-General Energy and Transport, Directorate-General for the Environment and Directorate-General for Research and Innovation;
- cooperation with European Parliament MPs and MPs from the Sejm’s and Senate’s Committees;
- promotion of wind energy and knowledge about the technology, in particular information concerning the benefits stemming from the use of wind energy to produce electricity and the Poland’s potential in the area of wind energy development;
- organisation of events attracting national and foreign representatives of the industry; participation in national and international industry conferences as an expert on wind energy in Poland.
PWEA Conference is the largest annual industry event in Poland, dedicated to summarising the sector’s development during the past year and to drawing perspectives for further development of the industry. The Conferences are dedicated to various aspects of the wind energy market in Poland, including legal, technical, financial and administrative. Since 2011 the Conference is accompanied by a large-scale Exhibition.
Wind Energy Forum
Since 2002 PWEA organises the cyclic Wind Energy Forum meetings with representatives of the legislative and executive authorities as well as other institutions responsible for the design and development of the RES market in Poland. The idea of the Forum is to exchange opinions about the proposed legislative changes underlying new, better solutions necessary for further development of the wind energy sector in Poland. The Forum is perceived as the venue for a substantive discussion between subjects responsible for law- and policymaking in the area of renewable energy and market participants.
Offshore Conference and Exhibition
The Offshore Conference and Exhibition is an important item in the calendar of all persons seriously interested in offshore wind power development in Poland. The Offshore Conference and Exhibition is attended by the key persons in the offshore wind energy industry, representatives of local governments, key institutions responsible for the development of the RES market in Poland, experts from Europe and around the world and representatives of renewable energy and distribution companies.
Wind Energy Workshops
The Wind Energy Workshops, an even organised by the Polish Wind Energy Association for the first time in 2011 under the “Wind power in the National Power System” theme, established a platform for exchange of experience in the area of operation of power grids with high amount of energy from wind farms. The fundamental purpose of the workshops is to present European experience in the area of connection of wind farms and operation of power grids using modern tools and integrated solutions.